MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By LR_records Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:50 pm
Hallo,
I searched google, the MPC Beats manual, the preferences .. i didnt find an answer.

I want to change my "new project" Standard folder. When i go to file new Project (CTRL+N) A pre-chosen folder is suggestet (documents/mpc beats)

Where can i change this??

thanks a lot.
By Bowliss Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:29 pm
Hey, I've also noticed this. 'Save' always defaults Documents/MPC without the option to change destination in preferences. It's a simple fix, I hope they do it for next update... Side note, if you 'Save As' after you have navigated to your folder in 'Save', it will remember to bring up that destination.
By GuruVirus Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:52 pm
Hit Ctrl + , (comma) >> Project Load Save >> Auto Load File
Does that work? I haven't used that function.

Or, press F to view the File Browser (or click the icon at the bottom right, second from right). Change one of your preset folders to your favorite folder where you keep all your goodies.
By LR_records Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:54 pm
Thanks to All of you for the answers, i hope they upate it.

Especially: I also have a specic folder for all my designed kits - when i save a kit, of course mpc beats shall take me there -.-

summary:
Seperatly adjustable Default-Folder in the options, for new Projects and Kits. :worthy:
By 83dude Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:32 pm
Don‘t want to tell you to RTFM, but p.61 of the manual tells you to start setting your favorites. I quote:

To get the most efficient use of the File Browser, set the file paths to your favorite drive locations first. There are five folder buttons labeled 1–5 at the top. You can set these to be shortcuts to five locations on your computer’s hard drive or any connected storage devices, giving you quick access to your files.

To assign the current location to a folder button, press and hold Shift, and then click one of the folder buttons (1–5). Now, when you click that folder button again, the File Browser will show that folder’s content immediately.
By Bowliss Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:08 pm
83dude; although that is helpful information, it doesn't address the topic at hand. You still can't edit the save project as destination folder, it's always Documents/MPC. Glad you didn't tell us to RTFM.
By 83dude Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:25 pm
A workaround I used with other tools was to put an alias/shortcut in that folder. Not the best way, but doable.