MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By eltb99 Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:57 pm
Hi,

I'm beginning to think this a software issue. Using my macbook with 10.15.7 and logic 10.6.1 and 2.9.0 mpc. I can't for the life of me understand why when I press pad A01, pad A02 is triggered as well. It happens with loads of pads. The midi mapping is all all over the place. I'm running the latest software and drivers. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.

Is there a definitive set up guide or can someone tell me how they use the software with logic? Because I got the impression it should be plug and play. ie. I can reocrd the sounds I trigger with the mpc sounds with the software and record it in logic. I'm at a complete loss and have been trying for hours and hours... Days ...weeks. Also what midi channel should the logic instrument channel be? If i change the instrument channel in logic to one and the software to 2

Also the function buttons on the mpc one are triggering sounds.... Like play stop browser main etc

Can I delete all the midi information for the mapping? Why is every single pad triggering two notes . I'm going to lose my mind with this. Please. Can someone tell me what they did to get this working? Or is it just me or a problem in logic? The two do not get along to say the least They seem to conflict :Sigh:

Thanks in advance

Ed
Last edited by eltb99 on Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 83dude Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:13 pm
You are running Logic. That ALWAYS has „ALL MIDI IN ON“, and by standard also sends out MIDI. Since Akai products internally use different MIDI mappings (e.g. A01 sends Note C#1 (in the hardware), but defaults to C1 on the MIDI Out. Logic recieves C1 and used THRU to send C1, too. In general, everything is offset since 1983 to protect Akai‘s internal mappings.

Thus hitting A01 triggers pad A02, too. So either bypass Logic‘s MIDI out, or use Controller mode specifically. If you want to send MIDI data from MPC (plugin?) to Logic, create a MIDI channel. Oh, and don‘t use „THRU“.
By eltb99 Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:15 pm
Thanks very much for the reply. I understand what you mean (just) but am not fluent with setting up midi channels and sending audio etc. I have just watched the youtube video about logic with the mpc beats software. He drags the file as audio and drops it into logic. I guess this is as good as I'll get without a better understanding of how it works.

Thanks again

EDIT: Now I can't make the mpc plugin window smaller. It will only move to the left. I can't drag the file into logic because I can't see it. This is a nightmare.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: FOUNDDDDDDDDD IT!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS :smoker:
By eltb99 Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:09 pm
This machine is so powerful but learning what it can do and how to use it definitely requires zen like patience!

I think I'm going to stick to making beats in standalone then export them into logic as audio and build around them. It will be fun working it all out!

Thanks again. Much appreciated :worthy:
By eltb99 Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:55 pm
eltb99 wrote:This machine is so powerful but learning what it can do and how to use it definitely requires zen like patience!

I think I'm going to stick to making beats in standalone then export them into logic as audio and build around them. It will be fun working it all out!

Thanks again. Much appreciated :worthy:

EDIT: Reverted back to Mojave and the crazzzzy midi behaviour has ceased!