MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By SkyeLab Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:00 pm
When I drag the midi from a beat from a sample pack into my DAW (Logic) so I can edit it in Logic, it plays back all the wrong notes. I changed the Note mapping for the program to Chromatic, but that changed the sounds playing before the export.

To clarify:
So before any changes, if I hit a C1 on the keyboard or pad, it plays pad A01, which is the kick. I can record it in Logic and play it back fine. And if I record that same pad into the MPC recorder, it plays it back through the MPC fine. But then I export the midi into Logic, and it exports a different note (C#1- e.g. Akai's note map)
So I changed the Program Note Mapping to Chromatic. Great, now it all matches up when I play. But........

If I export a prefab beat from a sample pack into Logic, it exports a different map. So each of the pads seems to transmit one note, but set to receive a different note back. If I change the Note Mapping before exporting, the Prefab beat now starts playing in the MPC from that map, and the beat is all screwed up.

I have searched the forums for a solution, but I haven't found any. I would sincerely appreciate any help, and I'm sure I'm not the first person (or the last) to need a solution, hunger for a solution, searching desperately for clues to this maze. Thanks in advance :)