MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Jeffles Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:20 am
I'm led to think that the software is screwing with the keyboard which is why I'm posting here. I'm using an AKAI MPK mini and looking for solutions to these problems:

> When playing chords (or any note) with the pad, it is stuck on the lowest octave and sounds terrible as a result. Using the keyboard makes it nearly inaudible and the hardware (pad sensitivity settings) settings are blocked off in Preferences.

> I cannot swap out drum samples with pre-loaded kits for some reason. I've seen others do it (load a kit then proceed to change a snare) so why isn't it working for me?

> The sliding wheels (dials that typically change stuff like reverb, slips my mind what they're called at the moment) got unlinked without me doing anything and now they do absolutely nothing despite any attempts to fix them.

> The pads (whenever I don't have a drum kit loaded) are completely unaligned with the ones on the interface.

I'm very new to this software. Sorry if these answers end up being obvious to you guys. Thanks a ton in advance.
By Bogman Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:15 pm
Did you map everything?
You have to map everything you want to use in your keyboard and save your mapping. Ensure that your personal mapping is always enabled.

Also, the mapping might quit working out of nothing if for some reason the midi settings under preferences get changed, by something out of your control. Go to the midi settings and check if all the proper settings are ok.
Good luck
By GuruVirus Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:26 pm
Yeah I was disappointed that they still don't have a unique map for the MPK Mini MKIII so I have to use the MK2 preset then re-map (almost every time I use it). So unless I need my Q-Link knobs for automation I tend to not use them because it is such a waste of time. Pads are easy to fix.

One hardware glitch I found is that some pads will register two values (like 49 and 50) so you have to tap on the neighboring pad, assign the wrong code, then tap the correct pad to fix the glitched value. Just pay attention to the number you're assigning and double check that it matches.