MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Bowliss Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:06 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Bowliss wrote:Try commenting constructively.

You obviously haven't read around.

Keep up the good work...
By Lampdog Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:33 pm
Bowliss wrote:Keep up the good work...

Bowliss wrote:Is this some sort of weird dig?

:lol: :lol:

I'm just flowers wichu. All good. We good here.

Back to the red color though. It doesn't bother me at all. Some kind of way to edit color would be nice.
At least it's not default neon green like old school cool edit pro, but even back then colors could be edited.
By unready Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:29 am
Yeah, I completely agree there are other issues with higher priority than the color scheme, but it seems this feature should be very simple to implement. Neutral looking (dark grey) color scheme as an option would be a game changer for me :)
By Acidizer Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:34 pm
Red is awful on MPC a simple colour change should be available to make it look less tacky at least considering how easy it would be.

When you press the "menu" button, that looks nice.... but apart from that the whole underlying basic "main" GUI is naff, feels like it crashed and the skin peeled off and you are looking at the bare bones honestly.

It would be good to get some skins for the whole thing to bring some cohesion about and make it feel more professional.
By unready Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:59 pm
There is a reason almost all professional software in the world has a grey or dark grey color scheme.
Colors have extremely heavy connotation with certain moods or feelings, that is why our tools have to be neutral.

I hate to say it, but having RED color scheme with no other option forced upon us by AKAI feels incredibly inconsiderate. Please AKAI, give us the option to switch to grey or make less parts red, there is just too much red.
By Null Sweat Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:59 pm
That ain't red, it's closer to burgundy with strawberry highlights on the menu icon buttons. :vomit:

Although this forum has a similar color scheme, the reason it works is because the dark grey has a slight blue hue to it, which contrasts with the dark red and the lighter grey is truer to neutral, not having any warm or cool tones, ties it all together.

Where as the MPC software, all the colors used are on the darker side of the light scale, giving it an extremely dark feel and both greys are true to neutral, so when you add any warm or cool color it's gonna pop out.

There's a ton of software, desktop and mobile that suffer from no-design, minimal interfaces that seem to keep overlooking one simple, timeless design rule, the focus of the subject - Where are your eyes drawn to?

I'm trying to make beats down here, but that goddamn red hat keeps distracting me.

If Akai's intent was to have you staring at the menu bar the whole time, then mission accomplished.
By TonyO. Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:02 pm
I agree. I hate the red and black MPC software theme. I tried working with the MPC software but decided not to because the red and black color bothers my eyes. My eyes kept getting distracted by the red menu bar. I wish Akai would offer a light theme mode option. I prefer the old white and blue backlit screens on the vintage MPCs.
By THXjay Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:35 pm
Akai means "red" in Japanese, which is why the old logo was red. I guess now that the company is no longer Japanese owner there really is no need for it, other than tradition.

I think they will be moving over to the newer force style for MPC 3.0 anyway so the red should disappear soon
By Lampdog Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:49 pm
Red as a noun is “aka”.
Red as an adjective is “akai”.
By SARLPAULJEANROBERT Thu May 04, 2023 8:46 am
Glad to see I'm not the only one pissed off at this red and gray design.
I love my MPC but this design really interferes a lot with my workflow.

Something more minimal and neutral would be really welcome.