MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Dark Lane Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:33 am
I'm trying to use this controller with MPC Beats v 2.8.3 in standalone mode on my W10 PC.

The Factory MIDI mapping suggests that there should be incoming MIDI signals for Transport e.g. Note 94 Ch 1 for 'Play Start' but I kow the transport controls on the Arturia don't support this message (HUI and Mackie only).

Has anyone been able to set this up using the standard Factory template? If so, what control on the keyboard did you use? Is there a support document that says what control corresponds to each MIDI message in the mapping?

Thanks, all
By Lampdog Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:32 pm
https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/download/file/1158/product/10/

MPC 2.9.1 Desktop Software and Firmware Update
Desktop Software
The MPC 2.9.1 desktop software includes MIDI maps for popular Ableton, Arturia, Korg, M- Audio and Native Instruments controllers.
Firmware
This release is for MPC One, MPC Live Mk2, MPC X, MPC Live hardware.
Downloading the Update
To download the MPC 2.9.1 Desktop Software Update, log into your Akai Pro user account or through MPC 2.9 when prompted. For instructions on installing the update, please visit our knowledge base article here.
To download the 2.9.1 Firmware Update, navigate to the MPC product page and click on Downloads to find the Mac and PC download links:
• MPC Live product page
• MPC Live Mk2 product page
• MPC X product page
• MPC One product page
For instructions on installing the update, please visit our knowledge base article here.
Stability and reliability MIDI Multi:
• All MPC MIDI Ports will now appear as expected in Preferences when using Controller Mode
By Dark Lane Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:56 pm
Hi Lampdog

Thanks but I don't have an MPC 2 license, only the free MPC Beats, so I can't see how to download this desktop app. Plus the links on the document you 've linked to don't work so I can't follow them either.

Is there another way to get this information?

Cheers