MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By TemporaryUser Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:58 pm
I just got the software with my Akai MPK Mini III and everything worked perfect, but now the knobs don't do anything. Or at least they don't do the things they did before. I don't know what I did, but where before it would move the track back and forth or zoom in and out, it doesn't do anything noticeable. I can't find any help anywhere, so I figured I'd make a post here.
By Bowliss Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:35 pm
Hey. Try holding ctrl+shift+L, then to the immediate right of enable click the drop down menu and go to factory, akai, mpkminiIII. See if works now.
By GuruVirus Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:02 pm
Bowliss' tip is helpful in starting out but because they don't have presets for their newest keyboard models, we have to remap them by hand. It is really annoying but it will help you learn how to use the controller better. Click Learn at the top, then click the button the screen you want to map it to (a Q-Link or Pad), then turn the knob or tap the pad. A number will appear on the screen on the button you selected. If a number does not appear then it is not mapped yet. Keep tapping, try tapping a different pad or knob, then if a number appears use the knob or pad you actually want (it's a glitch where it doesn't register the first knob/pad you use).