MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By RadMysterio Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:50 am
Hi guys!

So my software crashed during a transfer to a new project and my core sequence in that project just disappeared from the dropdown menu? I could redo it, but the project data for the sequence is all still in the file. Is there any way I can import that data back in or even load it into a new project? Why did it just pop out of the project like that?

Thanks!

- Tim :WTF:
By GuruVirus Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:56 pm
So you closed the original and went back to it and it was missing, which sounds like you didn't save before hand.

How do you know " the project data for the sequence is all still in the file"? What do you mean by "project data"?
By Lampdog Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:47 pm
Open a new empty project.

Open another window that shows your old project data folder’s contents.

Drag and drop individual files into the new empty project one by one and check to see if they are IN the new project. Not the wavs tho. PGM will automatically load any waves last saved to it.

DONT drag and drop .XPJ

This will let you know which files are good in the new empty project and which ones are bad. Process of elimination.

I had to do this once because a standalone update went wrong and corrupted a project.

I loaded that sd to computer, did exactly what I stated above and recovered about 80% of the project, it was enough to damn near continue where I left off.