MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By GuruVirus Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:35 pm
You shouldn't need a pre-amp if it is able to carry signal at all. Just a stereo RCA cable (WITH GROUND) to 1/8" stereo AUX (a.k.a. 2.5mm) for your PC microphone input jack. If you have trouble recording directly into MPC, especially if there is noise (make sure you have a grounding cable installed properly), record into Audacity (then use noise reduction effects to clean up the signal if you need).

The pre-amp is for amplifying the signal for a mixer or directly to a speaker. If the line level is too low for your PC to recognize a signal, then yes a pre-amp (like a mixer or a device like I describe below) will be required.

If you want to go big, you can buy Traktor Scratch Pro or Serato Rane SL4 Scratch Live device with a multi-input midi controller so you can use multiple decks. It comes with its own software (Traktor). These products change all the time so here's the Traktor one I could find that will work for you:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... h-audio-6/
By 83dude Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:55 pm
symby wrote:I have a Pioneer DJ turntable that I want to hook up to MPC Beats. Can anyone tell me how?

This is too unspecific. What‘s your setup? HOW do you want to hook it up? Does your turntable work as an interface? Do you have a seperate interface? And what exactly do you want to achieve?