MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By fran Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:17 pm
Hi, I don't know if it's related to https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=210408 but since i'm using another OS i'm starting a new thread.

I just installed MPC Beats (2.8.3) on MacOS (Catalina - 10.15.7) and I can't choose any sample rate.
As a result i'm hearing most of the samples with a lot of noise, specially the lower pitch ones.

Performed some tests and using a different output like an USB headset or the mini-plug output of the LED monitor (using the very same headsets i'm plugged in into the built-in output) it works great.

Thanks in advance,
Fran
By 83dude Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:36 pm
fran wrote:Hi, I don't know if it's related to https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=210408 but since i'm using another OS i'm starting a new thread.

I just installed MPC Beats (2.8.3) on MacOS (Catalina - 10.15.7) and I can't choose any sample rate.
As a result i'm hearing most of the samples with a lot of noise, specially the lower pitch ones.

Performed some tests and using a different output like an USB headset or the mini-plug output of the LED monitor (using the very same headsets i'm plugged in into the built-in output) it works great.

Thanks in advance,
Fran

I‘d guess your cam (input device) has a fixed sample rate, probably 48 kHz. Deselect it and you should be OK.
By fran Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:16 pm
You nailed it!

Funny thing, I had to unplugged it because I cannot deselect it and even removing permissions to the camera's mic at the SO level fail.

Thanks
By 83dude Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:23 pm
You are welcome. You probably have no other input device, so the software selects the one you have. For full sampling capability I‘d suggest getting a proper interface. Using an MPC (or the software) without it is only half the struggle but half the fun. :lol:
By fran Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:39 pm
Can you point me to a decent interface? As an example, since I don't sure what you mean. I'm a newbie :lol: I bought a Akai MPK mini as a starting point.