MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Helondeth Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:23 am
Hello,
I'm new here in the forum and I'm desperate with the MPC software.

A long time ago I bought a MPC Studio and also worked with the MPC software 1.9. Everything ran great. Now I have once updated to the MPC 2.0 but since then nothing works.
I have downloaded and installed The Bank and The 809 etc but I get no sound in the software.
When I want to load a program it also doesn't load samples on the pads.
I just don't know what to do anymore.

Is there any way to reset everything to reinstall from scratch?

Thanks already for the help
By MPC-Tutor Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:31 am
Nothing works or just the Bank doesn't work? Have you tried loading a DRUM program or a KEYGROUP program from the Vault or similar? Hybrid or Tubesynth patch? Are your audio preferences set correctly? Does the 'Test' tone work in preferences > audio?

Remember the Bank is a plugin, not a sample program, it won't load samples. Assign it to a plugin track, select a preset from the plugin and there should be sounds on your pads.
By Helondeth Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:30 am
Thanks for quick reply.
Yes loading into a plugin track was the error.
The Bank, The 809 etc. are working now.

However, I can not load the MPC drum content.
I see the drum programs in the media browser but when I drag them to the pads nothing happens.

I am working under MacOS Mojave.
Are they possibly in the wrong folder?