MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By PedroBorgus Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:16 pm
Hello,

After watching the MPC Masterclass on YT i tried to add some effects to the song I'm making. I added the tape stop one.

The thing is,it adds to all my sequences,and not just the one I want to have it. I want to use the effect to "bring in" the next sequence with it's high hats jamming.

Can you guys help me?

Thanks
By MysteryV Mon May 03, 2021 10:09 pm
I find this general bit of the MPC really confusing as well. Some random thoughts:

- There doesn't seem to be any notion of a "Sequence in a vacuum". A sequence is just an arrangement of tracks. It would be nice to be able to tick a box and make a sequence "independent" meaning changes you make to tracks / programs within that sequence would not affect those elsewhere. That said - it seems like that would just be the MPC creating duplicate tracks / programs internally - which seems to be the workaround for things like this.

- Similarly - I'd like a way to have thing "cut" at the end of a sequence. Sometimes I have samples that run long, and while it can be cool to have them play into the next sequence - it would be nice to have the option to stop that. As it stands - I just create another copy of the sample and trim it.

- It would also be nice to have Tape Stop work at a sequence level (maybe it does - but I can't figure it out). I'd like to add Tape Stop to everything playing - not just one track. Is that possible?
By Lampdog Mon May 03, 2021 10:40 pm
- Similarly - I'd like a way to have thing "cut" at the end of a sequence. Sometimes I have samples that run long, and while it can be cool to have them play into the next sequence - it would be nice to have the option to stop that. As it stands - I just create another copy of the sample and trim it.
NOTE ON, hold the sample until you want it to stop playing. Problem comes when your sequence loops and it runs into itself. Double the sequence length and/or let go of the pad.

- It would also be nice to have Tape Stop work at a sequence level (maybe it does - but I can't figure it out). I'd like to add Tape Stop to everything playing - not just one track. Is that possible?

MASTER TUNE, TEMPORARY, on a q-link, control a whole program. Whatever I want "tape stopped" I make sure to have those samples in the q-link assigned program.
By MysteryV Mon May 03, 2021 11:42 pm
Lampdog wrote:- Similarly - I'd like a way to have thing "cut" at the end of a sequence. Sometimes I have samples that run long, and while it can be cool to have them play into the next sequence - it would be nice to have the option to stop that. As it stands - I just create another copy of the sample and trim it.
NOTE ON, hold the sample until you want it to stop playing. Problem comes when your sequence loops and it runs into itself. Double the sequence length and/or let go of the pad.

MASTER TUNE, TEMPORARY, on a q-link, control a whole program. Whatever I want "tape stopped" I make sure to have those samples in the q-link assigned program.

WOW! Thank you! I just started with the MPC (and production) in March - and this is SUPER helpful! Thank you again! (Now to figure out how to work with Q Links as it's something I haven't delved into yet but have been meaning to).
By Lampdog Tue May 04, 2021 3:20 am
The master tune method also doesn’t have the stepped sound of xy effects, it’s alot smoother (better resolution). I used it on this.

By 83dude Fri May 07, 2021 11:12 am
MysteryV wrote:
- There doesn't seem to be any notion of a "Sequence in a vacuum". A sequence is just an arrangement of tracks. It would be nice to be able to tick a box and make a sequence "independent" meaning changes you make to tracks / programs within that sequence would not affect those elsewhere. That said - it seems like that would just be the MPC creating duplicate tracks / programs internally - which seems to be the workaround for things like this.

This was old behaviour from pre-v1.6 I think, where every sequence had it‘s own mix etc. I‘d suggest duplicating the program (samples are NOT duplicated) and using that duplicated program for the respective changes. Seems weird, but is intentional behaviour.