MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Buro Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:17 pm
Hello MPC community,

First of all im brand new to this stuff and therefore i need a little guidance for beginning. For any help or advice i would be very thankfull.

Im planning to buy Akai mini MK3 with the free software MPC Beats included.
Im playing guitar for a longer time and i really would love to record my guitar and mix it with with the MIDI keyboard.

My question:
Is the MPC Beats software enough? Is it possible to connect the guitar to the software? I think not because i have not found any info about it.

If not, what other tool/software/DAW can you recommend ?

Thank you :worthy:
By Buro Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:08 pm
Edit:
I have done some research and figured out i need first an audio interface to do so.

I am thinking to choose from these two options:
1) Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd generation
SW included:
Ableton Live 10 Lite
Pro-Tools First l Focusrite Creative Pack
Focusrite Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite
Softube Time & Tone Bundle
XLN Audio Addictive Keys
Splice
Plug-In Collective

2) M-Audio M-Track Solo
SW included:
Avid Effect Plugins (20),
MPC Beats,
Eleven Lite Guitar Amps/FX Modeling,
Air Xpand!2,
Pro Tools First M-Audio edition

I own a Fender champion combo with some nice effects but as i understand it is a little more complicated to connect the combo itself to the audio interface. Im a simple man who wants a simple solution. So as long the included software in the audio interface can give me some crunchier effects tone to the guitar im good with that.

Which one would you recommend? I have read the Ableton is very popular so im thinking about that one