MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By CookieD Sat May 08, 2021 9:09 am
Bizarre thing. I booted up my MPC2 2 software to mix a track and everything plays back way too fast. It's the same for saved projects and demo projects. The BPM hasn't changed on screen but it's practically double speed. I've tried playing around with some settings but no luck. Also restarted my Mac but no difference.

When I first turned it on I had the MPC plugged in as a controller. I thought maybe that had messed up something but it's still persisting after I remove it. Software is up to date too.

Any ideas?
By 83dude Sat May 08, 2021 12:40 pm
CookieD wrote:Bizarre thing. I booted up my MPC2 2 software to mix a track and everything plays back way too fast. It's the same for saved projects and demo projects. The BPM hasn't changed on screen but it's practically double speed. I've tried playing around with some settings but no luck. Also restarted my Mac but no difference.

When I first turned it on I had the MPC plugged in as a controller. I thought maybe that had messed up something but it's still persisting after I remove it. Software is up to date too.

Any ideas?

Did you clock or sync it?

Does the pitch of the samples change?

Does it occur standalone or in controller mode (and what OS)? Do you have other audio related software accessing CoreAudio open?

Does it also happen if nothing is connected to your device?
By CookieD Sat May 08, 2021 1:05 pm
Did you clock or sync it? Not sure. I'm not sure how to do this so it would have been accidental.

Does the pitch of the samples change? No. But there is a weird glitch/scratchy sound sometimes too.

Does it occur standalone or in controller mode (and what OS)? In both. Something might have been triggered when I plugged in the MPC One initially I guess, but now it's happening in both. I have used MPC 2 for a while before this, without any problems, but this is the first time I've tried connecting the MPC One. I'm on Mac OS 10.15.7.

Do you have other audio related software accessing CoreAudio open? Not that I'm aware. Is there a way to check? I tried Ableton Live afterwards and it seems fine.

Does it also happen if nothing is connected to your device? Yep
By CookieD Sat May 08, 2021 1:12 pm
What's weird is that it's not just the tempo of the session, when I play the individual samples, they're all much faster too, but not pitched up at all. I've just tried MPC Beats too and it's effected the same way. So odd.
By 83dude Sat May 08, 2021 5:12 pm
Well, I‘ve experienced a similar issue once a rather long while ago when saving to a (later) defect USB storage. Somehow the original files‘ „sample rate stamp“ got garbled. But I didn‘t follow up then and copied them via network without issues. Totally unrelated to MPC, though.

You could check that when selecting the properties of a file, should state the sample rate there somewhere. Maybe that helps pinpointing the issue.
By CookieD Sat May 08, 2021 5:39 pm
Solved!!
Turns out it was the audio input setting. Not quite sure why this makes a difference but switching to the default internal microphone fixed it.

Thanks for all your help guys.
By 83dude Sat May 08, 2021 6:42 pm
CookieD wrote:Solved!!
Turns out it was the audio input setting. Not quite sure why this makes a difference but switching to the default internal microphone fixed it.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Then it is a clocking issue. I‘d guess somehow your devices use different sample rates. Using Zoom (or similar apps) usually locks your input and output devices to 48 kHz. If I open up Zoom while MPC Software is running at a different sample rate, MPC Software occasionally crashes.

Glad you got it fixed. :wink: