MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By eddie3000 Sun May 09, 2021 9:18 am
Hello everybody. I am new here so please bear with me.

I have just purchased MPC software. I am at the moment going through the cumbersome process of midi mapping all my midi controllers to the program. I have a launchcontrolXL. But I have come across a small problem: I have mapped some buttons to control each track's solo and mute buttons, and the button lights do not turn on when activated. but I don't know whether MPC is capable of sending midi feedback to the launchcontrolXL. Is it at all possible?

Is MPC capable of changing midi mappings with another midi map? I know this sounds weird, but that's just what the buttons on the right side of the launchcontrol are for. Other programs like ableton (and a maybe others like ardour) change the midi mappings of some controls depending on whether these buttons are pressed. Does MPC do this?

Thank you.
By eddie3000 Thu May 13, 2021 5:34 pm
Thank you for your reply.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think the launchpad control xl leds respond to the exact same midi signal the button they belong to send. So if a button sends note G5 on channel 1, for example, the led responds to the same note g5 Ch1 sent from the DAW. The note velocity value sent by the daw determines the led colour.
But all this fanciness requires some simple programming so that the DAW can perform this task.
I guess MPC doesn't do this. If so, what a pity.
By eddie3000 Thu May 13, 2021 6:25 pm
Still learning to use this software and enjoying the manual.
Just to point out the importance of midi feedback for the leds on usb controllers, I'm currently playing with the clip launcher, and I can se the pad buttons flash on the pc screen, but not on my usb controller.
I still have to experiment with all my usb controllers and see which ones work better for my workflow. But quite a few programs out there do midi feedback in some way or another. Ableton does, bitwig does, even free ones, like ardour or qlc+.
By Gigidamico Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:00 pm
Hello!

I hook myself into this thread to understand if I can get an external controller which I could assing to control the mutes.
but I need the light feedback , for example when I switch sequence I would need that the pads in the external controller get illuminated like in the onboard on/off mutes

I hope I was clear enough

thanks