MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By eddie3000 Wed May 12, 2021 3:22 pm
Hi there again. I'm back with another question.
I'm having a terrible time pressing space by mistake. I can't understand why space is Play from beginning, and shift+space is play (from cursor placement). I think it should be the other way around. Maybe it's just me, but I have 20+ years of experience with many many daws and video editing, and it is kind of "universal" that space bar should be "Play from current location", and not from the beginning. I mean, I have a multi minute long song, and having to scroll all the way forward because you accidentally pressed space is apita.
Am I just weird or is anybody else with me?
Is there a way we can change shortcuts?
Thanks.
By eddie3000 Thu May 13, 2021 5:39 pm
If the keys for play and play from the beginning were the other way around, it wouldn't be too bad if you accidentally pressed space if you really meant shift+space. You just press shift+space and voilá.
As it is currently, once you've accidentally pressed space, you can't press shift+space to make up for the mistake.
By eddie3000 Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:19 am
Just to point out how important changing and or adding keyboard shortcuts is, I live in Spain, and the spanish keyboard layout is different. Some of the factory default keyboard shortcuts DO NOT WORK, maybe because the keyboard layout is different. This seems quite annoying.

I strongly recommend AKAI to incorporate the possibilty to change keyboard mappings, or maybe at least tell me how to fix the issues I am having.

PLEASE AKAI ! LET ME CHANGE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS !!
By Lampdog Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:56 pm
Or temporarily change kybd layout on your computer. Change to USA layout. Don’t wait for Akai, do it yourself.
By eddie3000 Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:50 am
What you suggest is a perfectly valid workaround, but that is what we call here in Spain a "Chapuza". I would only contemplate this as a temporary fix. And I will try and contact akai about this issue.
Thank you.