MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By DistinctAmoeba Fri May 14, 2021 8:16 pm
I notice that the vocals have a ton of reverb and echo on templates like Pop and Trap, but nothing for Basic or Keyboard. Is there a place I can adjust these settings? I'd like to be able to use these templates for quick starts, but right now I get stuck with this audio effect.

I thought it would be an insert, but I've disabled those and it hasn't changed anything. Appreciate any help!
By MPC-Tutor Fri May 14, 2021 8:45 pm
FX can be added at pad level, program level, sub mix, master and can be an insert or a send/return effect. Check to see if any FX has ben added in the returns section of the mixer and if so you can either delete it from the return or turn down the relevant send in the program/pad.

BTW, in answer to your other question that you deleted while I was answering, note repeat is synced with the tempo of the sequence and repeats using the current timing correct setting (TC). Change the TC to a lower value, such as 1/4 or 1/8 etc. In the MPC Software this can be done via the top of the main screen or via 'Edit > Timing Correct > Settings'
By 83dude Fri May 14, 2021 10:20 pm
DistinctAmoeba wrote:I notice that the vocals have a ton of reverb and echo on templates like Pop and Trap, but nothing for Basic or Keyboard. Is there a place I can adjust these settings? I'd like to be able to use these templates for quick starts, but right now I get stuck with this audio effect.

I thought it would be an insert, but I've disabled those and it hasn't changed anything. Appreciate any help!

Most likely they are used as so-called SEND FX, which take an auxiliary route to insert it parallel to the original signal. Check your SEND („FX out“) and follow them through on the RETURNS („FX in“), there you should see reverbs and stuff. Mute those returns or send those signals to the corresponding send.