MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Icz Thu May 27, 2021 7:06 pm
Hello all,

I just got on to the MPC 2 software coming from the original MPC software. With the original program I was able to adjust the trim points of a sample and they would play in the sequence at whatever trim points I set (no overwriting , discard/deleting, or saving as a new sample). With MPC 2 it won't play my trimmed samples in the sequence unless I save as a new sample or discard/delete. Is this a bug or just how Akai programmed the software? I liked being able to trim the samples as the sequence was playing to get the groove dialed in just right. But with MPC 2 having to actually "save" the trimmed sample before it's played in the sequence I'm unable to hear it in context and I'm pretty much just guessing at what trim points will sound good. It's quite annoying and I don't know if it's an oversight or a bug. lemme know. Thanks!
By Icz Sat May 29, 2021 5:24 am
It's set to slice. I didn't even realize they added the wave tab. I was used to just using the sample editor to trim and do all that in the old software, but it looks like they added another level for non-destructive tweaking of the samples on the pads. Thanks for your help!