MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Beku Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm
I have just bought my first ever standalone MPC (the MPC Live 2 retro edition) and to say I'm excited would be an understatement.

However since unboxing the the MPC I've managed to install the latest firmware update onto the MPC (2.9.1) and have successfully installed the MPC software onto my MacBook.

The issue arises when I go to use my MPC as the controller for the MPC software.

So far I have tried all the troubleshooting steps outlined in this link viewtopic.php?p=1777317 (reinstalling the MPC software & reseting the preferences on the MPC but to no avail.

All I wanna do it plug in and play yet I cannot get past this issue.

When I look to place the MPC into controller mode it simply shows the 'Looking for computer' message but never finds anything.

Literally any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
By Beku Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:56 am
Ahh man, absolutely gutted.

Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

I think I'm going to have to try and get a refund on my new MacBook then and continue on my old Mac Workshorse until AKAI format for the new M1 chip. Hoping that isn't too long.

Thanks for all your help.