MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By eddie3000 Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:41 am
Hello again.

I have a behringer umc404hd card with 4 ins and outs.

Using the asio driver for the sound card, I can't record from inputs 3-4. Just silence in mpc, even though I have all the inputs active in the preferences menu.

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Should I not use asio? What's the best audio configuration?

Thanks.
By DokBrown Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:32 pm
o’ how I do NOT miss fiddling with midi/audio interfaces & windows.
I am a MPC standalone guy so I can’t help u with the MPC software settings.
If you have any other music software [ableton, studio1] see if it recognizes inputs ¾. Then you know the problem is the MPC software.

Free DAWs here
https://www.musicianwave.com/best-daws- ... free-paid/

As power window user , I rec
1] having a PC just for music
that means no Avirus / trash software to clog the computer up
u can USB scan the computer 1-2x a month. AVG has an excellent tool

2] check to make sure u have the latest driver from the OEM website.

3] If they are not updating the driver, get another interface.
I prefer steinberg & PRESONUS b/c they make good software & hardware. This cuts down on a lot of problems even though I don’t use cubase/studio1.
By eddie3000 Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:20 pm
Hey, thanks man.

Trying it out in ableton showed that inputs 3-4 weren't working. After hunting around, I found in the driver configuration that they were disabled. I don't remember ever disabling them, why would I want to do that? At least I have discovered that they can be disabled/enabled from some place I never knew existed.

It's all working as it should. Great!

Thank you veeery much.
By DokBrown Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:40 pm
3 main sources of problems

1] hardware bad
I suggest u always have 2-3 interfaces.
1 top-shelf and 1-2 backups
Don’t let 1 interface STOP your music

I rec staying with the same OEM so the interfaces can use the same driver.

I have the Steinberg ur44 as my main interface with a used ur22 as a backup. They are collecting dust b/c of my NEW MPC but I still keep them around.

2] driver conflicts / OEM software settings
A lot of OEMs have a software app for their hardware.

3] DAW settings – u hope this is the problem b/c EZ to fix
By eddie3000 Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:43 am
Sorry for the late reply, but I'm a busy guy.

Thanks for your suggestions. And just like you, I have quite a bunch of usb audio interfaces I've been aquiring ever since I started back 20+ years ago.

I am actually a linux guy. I have to say I have much less problems in linux than in windows when it comes down to hardware, but most music production software is only windows/mac based, not linux, sadly.

I ended up getting MPC software becuase of the price. Just for fun, but it does have quite a few quirks that need improving.

And I can do multitrack now with mpc. Works fine. Thanks again.

Happy music production!