MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Anton Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:35 pm
Hi guys! Need your help badly.

I decided to update my laptop and purchase a new one. I used to have an MPC software I worked with. When I tried to set it up on a new laptop it said that my activation code is no more valid as it reached the maximum number of devices it was activated on. To this point, I was curious if it’s possible to fix it? Or somehow remove old devices I don’t use anymore from the list of my activations? I mean it would very odd if Akai didn’t address such scenario to happen among their customers, right?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Anton
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:46 pm
The activation code is just a one time code, it adds two authorisations for the MPC Software to your iLok account.

So ,install the iLok manager on your computer, log in with your iLok details and the MPC Software license activations should be listed there already. If you have a spare activation available, activate your current computer. If your 2 activations are already assigned to other computers, de-activate one first.
By SakisX Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:02 pm
Unfortunately you had to deactivate the license first on your old pc.
Now you have to email Akai and request a reset
This was an email I got from iLok some time ago

When licenses are activated to a system, they are stored on that computer. There is no way to deactivate licenses without access to the computer.

You will need to contact the software publishers and request a Location Reset. This will send the licenses back to your account and the inaccessible location will be removed.

Please note that only one of the publishers needs to reset the location. The rest will be informed automatically so that they can approve the reset for their licenses as well.