MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Emdeex Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:14 am
Hi All,

Having fun with MPC Beats, and learning a lot... but I cannot work out how to get any of the free Vocoders to work with Beats. ie. trying TAL-VOCODER2, and FBVC, both load, but I can't get them to work.

I've installed the VST plugins OK, and know how to use normal VST plugins. But these Vocoder plugins talk about having to have both a carrier and a modulator into the vocoder.

And I cannot work out how do that in Beats. Something about having to route MIDI signals, plus the audio signal?

If anyone has an idea, or can give me the steps, I'd be super grateful.
By DrPetje Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:24 pm
I put the plugin on a sub channel. Then i made 2 tracks One with a plug-in Synth with a sawtooth and Chords , the second track was a wav audio file with speech. Send both tracks to the sub channel , One panned left and One panned right. Have to check which track was left and right , give me a few days
By justscottrocks Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:23 pm
have you figured this out yet? I downloaded the Tal-vocoder but have no idea what to do. I need a step by step. Using MPC 2...kinda the same as beats. Any clue?

Emdeex wrote:Hi All,

Having fun with MPC Beats, and learning a lot... but I cannot work out how to get any of the free Vocoders to work with Beats. ie. trying TAL-VOCODER2, and FBVC, both load, but I can't get them to work.

I've installed the VST plugins OK, and know how to use normal VST plugins. But these Vocoder plugins talk about having to have both a carrier and a modulator into the vocoder.

And I cannot work out how do that in Beats. Something about having to route MIDI signals, plus the audio signal?

If anyone has an idea, or can give me the steps, I'd be super grateful.
By turnipwagon Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:00 pm
DrPetje wrote:Midi track is panned all the way left, audio track all the way right. both output to the submix with the tal-vocoder

I'm not the guy who asked originally but thanks a lot! I got it set up using your method and it's great. Cheers!