MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By AlexK Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:27 am
Hi everyone!
I’m new to both MPC and music production, and decided to try out mpc beats before jumping on a an MPC One controller.

The website says that there’s 2GB of free content (samples, drum kits etc) included with the software, but I can’t find any of it. Drums and samples for one of the pre-made project templates load fine when opening a template, but when I start an empty project there’s nothing to find in neither Programs, Samples or effects.

Is there a certain way I need to download and load those before I can access them in the software?

Thanks in advance!
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:50 am
The sound library needs to be installed separately, I believe you should have received download links to those in the original 'mpc beats' download email Akai sent you.

When you buy MPC hardware it will have the sounds pre-installed in the MPC itself, while the sound library for the MPC Software is available to download and install after registering your hardware on akaipro.com
By AlexK Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:49 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:The sound library needs to be installed separately, I believe you should have received download links to those in the original 'mpc beats' download email Akai sent you.

When you buy MPC hardware it will have the sounds pre-installed in the MPC itself, while the sound library for the MPC Software is available to download and install after registering your hardware on akaipro.com

You're absolutely right. The dumbass me never scrolled far enough down into the email to see those links, only went straight for the Beats software.

Thank you for the help!