MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By SimplySebas Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:13 am
I just recently updated to mpc 2.10 software/firmware, I use the MPC x mostly as audio interface and as a plugin with in Logic Pro X ,running on a 2013 Mac Pro OS 10.14.6 Mojave. After installing all the new software I opened the MPC 2 software just to go over the new features and was really impressed and had no issues . But all hell broke loose when I launched Logic with a session that was created using the mpc 2.9 software. Immediately logic plugin validation crashed and stated in order to use the MPC plugin I would need to install the MPC software?????
And I'm thinking I just ran the the MPC 2 software from my computer with the MPC X in controller mode with no problems. So now a day later after deleting "all my MPC files" with the hope of reverting to MPC 2.9 , which you think would be an easy task(LOL).NOPE!!!! In my account on akaipro site the only software I have available is of course MPC 2.10 and then it goes back to MPC. 2.6???? I'm like what the F , why would I need 2.6 version. For the life of me I can't find an installer for MPC 2.9. Why don't "AKAI the Great" offer for example all legacy installers , surely having these installers on the site wouldn't crash their servers?

Sorry for venting , but could someone guide me to MPC 2.9 installer or offer me advise on getting logic to recognize MPC 2.10. I do not expect to hear from akai they're on there to collect our money and not offer solution to the problems of their products. It would be really nice to get back to exploring my creative again.
By eatthebeat Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:41 am
I need 2.9 also... badly. Same issue with 2.10 crashing logic. Any luck?
By DonArtyone Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:33 pm
I’m having issues as well. Crashes logic upon instantiation. Says incompatible on my list of available audio units.
By GDaddie Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:16 am
It's all here... almost hidden :)
2.10 was a great update only if you don't use midi mappings or custom qlink assignments.
Let's all hope that this is going to be fixed soon.
By jofski Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:55 am
Hello ! My very 1st Post !

Similar in that i am (happily) using a 2011 mini mac, but blindly updated my 2.8 BEATS to 2.10 last night withour realizing that my MacOS isnt supported .....and my MacOS cannot be updated any further ....

SO I need to revert to 2.8 - or indeed to 2.9 if that works on my mac 2011.

Its not like AKAI are losing any money as i was literally about to buy the new MPC studio Mk2 - but pointless if i cant run MPC / BEATS ,,,

SO - CAN I GET A DOWNLOAD LINK FOR PREVIOUS MPC BEATS PLEASE? (will keep searching the forum too)
By MPC-Tutor Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:28 pm
jofski wrote:Its not like AKAI are losing any money as i was literally about to buy the new MPC studio Mk2 - but pointless if i cant run MPC / BEATS ,,,

MPC Studio Mk 2 most likely needs 2.10.1 to function correctly. But even if it runs with an older MPC Software you need to make sure the separate MPC Studio 2 driver can be installed on High Sierra and that it is also compatible with 2.9. it's unlikely to meet all that criteria TBH.
By jofski Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:17 pm
[/quote]

MPC Studio Mk 2 most likely needs 2.10.1 to function correctly. But even if it runs with an older MPC Software you need to make sure the separate MPC Studio 2 driver can be installed on High Sierra and that it is also compatible with 2.9. it's unlikely to meet all that criteria TBH.[/quote]

of course you are correct, and once my garden studio build is complete ill be upgrading the mac big time :)...i just meant for now...
By pillowhead97 Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:28 pm
Hello! I believe I have found MPC v2.8 if you are interested. I have been locked out of my studio black and think if found the old original install file