MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By SimplySebas Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:47 am
I just recently downloaded and update to MPC 2.10 with no hesitation after seeing the new features on Youtube.
But little did I realize MPC 2.10 only works in standalone mode. I tried to open previous session in Logic Pro X with the new and improved MPC 2.10 software the validation crashes and request that I install the MPC software which works fine on the same os system . Which means all of my Logic Pro X session going back to 2019 with the MPC as a plugin will not allow me to use my $2000 MPC X hardware as a plugin in Logic Pro x.
And why would AKAI not allow you to revert to a previous or it least have 2.9 available on their site filled with lots of hot new products.

Whats the point of releasing faulty software and not allow your users to revert back to previous version once a problem was identified?
By nicoladalsacco Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:08 pm
same problem here I had 4 projects with the plugin on Live and after the upgrade the plugin doesn't work on Mojave, someone says it works on Bigsur but I don't know if it's true, we hope they will solve it soon. If you want I have the installer of the os 2.9 and also the software but I don't know if it is possible to downgrade. For now I have taken the problem as a way to better learn how to use just the machine without the mac.

SimplySebas wrote:I just recently downloaded and update to MPC 2.10 with no hesitation after seeing the new features on Youtube.
But little did I realize MPC 2.10 only works in standalone mode. I tried to open previous session in Logic Pro X with the new and improved MPC 2.10 software the validation crashes and request that I install the MPC software which works fine on the same os system . Which means all of my Logic Pro X session going back to 2019 with the MPC as a plugin will not allow me to use my $2000 MPC X hardware as a plugin in Logic Pro x.
And why would AKAI not allow you to revert to a previous or it least have 2.9 available on their site filled with lots of hot new products.

Whats the point of releasing faulty software and not allow your users to revert back to previous version once a problem was identified?
By tmpc Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:11 pm
SimplySebas wrote:I just recently downloaded and update to MPC 2.10 with no hesitation after seeing the new features on Youtube.

Don't assume anything with Akai. They suck.
SimplySebas wrote:And why would AKAI not allow you to revert to a previous or it least have 2.9 available on their site filled with lots of hot new products.

Again, because they suck. Although I am still using version 2.4, I download and backup everything. I have both 2.9 and 2.91 for both Windows and PC. Contact Akai and see if they will provide it to you, but if they suck even more than I think they do, I can put it up in a DropBox for you. I've done this for people many times.
By roecityryder Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:00 pm
I have the same problem and I would like a copy of the 2.9 if you don't mind. To the other person, I thing to downgrade you just need to delete 2.10 and the AU and or vst and then restart and install 2.9. that should work I think.
By tmpc Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:49 am
SimplySebas, nicoladalsacco, and roecityryder.

I sent a PM to each of you with a DropBox link to the files. I don't do this very often, so it's possible I didn't do something correctly. If that's the case, contact me.

tmpc
By tmpc Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:13 pm
tmpc wrote:SimplySebas, nicoladalsacco, and roecityryder.

I sent a PM to each of you with a DropBox link to the files. I don't do this very often, so it's possible I didn't do something correctly. If that's the case, contact me.

tmpc

I didn't hear from anyone, so the files have been removed from Dropbox.
By Triple-X Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:47 pm
Assuming you guys are aware by now, but just in caseā€¦ redownload 2.10 from your account. The release version was 2.10.0.82. A newer version 2.10.0.83 has been uploaded on the Akai server that fixes the issue with the plugin versions crashing in various DAWs.

Fixed my issue in Studio One.