MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By NeilB Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:12 am
Hi folks
I downloaded a VST (Valhalla Supermassive) into my vst file
MPC Beats File/Edit/preferances/plugins/rescan shows "OK"
File/Tools/Plugin Manager/shows it as a "FX" download in my normal vst file "OK"
However in a new sequence /unused track 6/plugin icon/synth pad/tube syth - I see MPC plugins and the VST option
When I press VST I see the other plugins I use listed (Amplesound and LAB) but not Valhalla
Is my problem because Valhalla is an effect and the others instruments. If so how do I get to see and use effects?
Please help
By NeilB Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:03 am
Thanks for your quick response!
"FX inserts box" can be found where?
Edit/ preferences? Tools/ plugin Manager? - on the sequence page somewhere?
Sorry for lack of knowledge of Beats app.
By 83dude Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:32 am
Help > Manual.
By NeilB Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:20 am
Thanks Dude
I did check the manual but because my Inspector / inserts was not ticked it made no sense. After searching I found my problem and all is ok
I am now having trouble downloading MPC expansions, but that's another story!!!!!
By 83dude Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:48 pm
NeilB wrote:Thanks Dude
I did check the manual but because my Inspector / inserts was not ticked it made no sense. After searching I found my problem and all is ok
I am now having trouble downloading MPC expansions, but that's another story!!!!!

Sorry for the bad attitude - had a bad day, didn‘t mean to make you suffer. But the manual is rather good and should ALWAYS be your first point of reference. Most problems won‘t be a problem if you read that first.

Glad you found a solution and welcome to the MPC world. 8)
By NeilB Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:11 pm
Hi Dude
No offence taken!
I know from other forums that members find it easier to ask a question than try to work it out for themselves.
Thanks for the welcome - MPC Beats has been a blessing during our many Covid lockdowns here in Melbourne Australia.
I'm having fun producing blues rock / ambient backing tracks and will now look at other sections of this forum to collaborate

NeilB