MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By [email protected] Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:13 pm
I'm not very tech savvy, I'm afraid. I figured out how to make everything work, load plug-ins, etc. I tune 1/2 step down on my guitar (main instrument) for everything I do. I have rudimentary keyboard skills and can figure out how to play everything the way it is, but it's a huge pain to manually transpose everything. I feel like there has to be a way to knock the whole keyboard down a 1/2 step so I can use the damn white keys. I just can't figure out how to do it. I found out how to transpose an entire sequence, but that's redundant to me. I feel like I'd have to tune to standard, play the key parts, retune and re-record after I transpose the whole sequence. It'd be so much easier to just drop everything by a semi-tone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
By BuleriaChk Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:41 pm
What you are looking for is called "step transpose" and why keyboard mfrs don't include it is beyound me . (Arturia finally included it in its latest mini keyboard after me and others bugging them for many, many years)

Really stupid to omit this function from an otherwise very nice keyboard - but many keyboards on the market are like that.