MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By TechnoDoctor Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:18 am
This has happened twice now in the space of two days.
The first time this happened I closed down MPC Beats and a pop up said do I want to save I clicked OK. Then the next day when I tried to open the file I got a failed to load message.
Then the second time I was working on another music track saved the file then exited the program and today 12 Sept 21 this file also failed to load files from a week ago or longer all load correctly. I am storing my files on an external hard drive. Checked drive for issues and errors, but found none. Currently doing a virus check on the whole computer. May take time as I have 3tb to check.
I had a similar problem a few months ago (before I updated to 2.10), of when exiting the MPC Beats program if I hadn't saved the file the Do you want to save your file pop up would appear, and if you click ok, the file would be saved and then exit the program.
What I think is happening is that the time it takes to save is longer than the program is allowing before it exits. So this leaves a partially saved file, which the MPC Beats can't load as its corrupted.
Has anyone else had the same issues.
I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
MPC Beats 2.10 64 bit version
Akai Pro MPK mini mk3
By TechnoDoctor Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:21 pm
Just a quick update.
Yesterday (12th Sept) I started to save my files to my C drive rather than the external drive and so far so good. Also the virus check turned up nothing.