MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By musicmann Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:48 pm
Hey everybody, I'm somewhat new here (again). Actually had an account way back in the early 2000s.

In any case, recently I just got back in the MPC game. I realize I hate programming drums on a keyboard as I find it limiting. So I ended up picking up the new MPC Studio controller (mainly to get the MPC software for drum programming). However, I have 2 questions

1.) If anyone has the new Studio Controller or MPC software as well, can anyone confirm if it works on Windows 7? I just wanted to double check this before I opened up the box.

2.) A while i back when I had the trial version, I had a little bit of trouble getting around the MPC software when running it as a VST within my Daw (Sonar). Biggest issue was I couldn't get the Drums from the MPC software to sync with the audio on the DAW. Can someone direct me on how to "clock/sync" the software to play with my DAW?
By musicmann Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:46 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I don't believe the MPC Software works in Windows 7, you could download the trial first just to check. Or try MPC Beats, same compatibility.

whats the difference between MPC Beats and MPC Software?

By the way, I looked at the trial version that I had installed a while back and it was version 2.8 Apparently that works on Windows 7. The new version is 2.10 I believe.

I suppose the question now is whether the controller needs Windows 7 drivers? :|