MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By tvbeatz Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:15 pm
I am a computer savvy guy, but I am newer to AKAI products and got an ADVANCED 49 given to me by a friend as it "wasn't working". I was able to repair the hardware issue's and works perfectly in all regards except VIP 3. I not only cannot access it from my ADVANCED 49- I can't even get it installed... I have registered the product with AKAI, I have been given my "serial number" for the VIP 3 license, as well as downloads to the other software. They all seem to get hung up on the install, ending ever time with an annoying:

Failed: 0 x 80091007 error.

From my understanding it seems to be related to where to download and store the various files and in what order? Do I need to invest in an iLok key? Am I destined to only be able to use the other features of this keyboard?

At the point where I want to start I company called: AKAINT, that just focused on updating software and keeping legacy products alive. I LOVE tech, but I am finding myself less and less interested in anything heavily reliant on proprietary software to use as it doesn't make me want to run out and drop big money on a new AKAI product only for it to become a legacy product with no support.

If anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. Sadly I am using windows 11 and don't even know if that could be my issue..

For anyone who is actually able to help me with a solution, I will forever be in your gratitude! I love this keyboard, I just want to use the features it should have working.