MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By natbuk Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:53 pm
Can it be true?

does the MPC software really not support VST plugins on windows!?

So no new plugins can be supported (since VST license only permits maintenance release of VST2 plugins) - and pretty much NONE of the Roland plugins will work then?

Or have I missed something?

n.
By mosspa Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:23 am
Back in the day, Xlutop's Chainer program was a lifesaver for me on many occasions. I downloaded the zip file and after the extraction and reading the "readme" file, I'm still not too sure how to use it, exactly. I assume that you put all of the files from the extraction in the folder that holds the VST 2 plugins but do you have to do anything for the VST 3s, or are they somehow indexed when you run the VST3Shell plugin?

John 3
By mosspa Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:05 pm
With the help from Xlutop, I answered these questions myself. The way the wrapper works is that it scans the VST folder that is located in the usual location "Drive Letter:\Program Files\Common Files\VST 3". So, to make it work, just copy the the folder that contains the files extracted from vst3shell into one of the folders scanned that for VST2s. I found the easiest way to do this (if you have a lot of VST3s) is to rename the "VST 3" folder to something else and create a new (and empty) "VST 3" folder, and incrementally add vst3 programs to it. After each increment, run MPC and see if the files got wrapped.

What I have found is that the wrapper can be a bit temperamental, and if you just move all of your vst3 files to the new "VST 3" directory, it will generate an ambiguous error and eventually result in the "Program is no longer responding" error. If you are like me and have hundreds of vst3 files in your "VST 3" folder having to go through this somewhat laborious routine may make you more likely to choose only those vst3 programs you really want to have access to in MPC. In all, I have found vst3shell to work very well for most plugins I want to run in the MPC environment. Of course, this is not a cure for the problem of Akai's fundamental misunderstanding of the Windows marketplace where only a re-write of the MPC software to natively use vst3 files will be the real solution. However, if you don't need to use too many vst3s (and I'm guessing that probably pertains to the majority of the MPC Windows user base) it will work.

I hope that this will be obvious, but you will need to solve the problem of how your other DAW(s) or Hosters deal with the fact that only a subset of your vst3s are now located in the folder labeled "VST 3". For DAWs that let you define the addresses of your real "VST 3" folder, you just direct the program to the new folder you renamed from "VST 3". For DAWs that insist on scanning the "VST 3" folder in its usual location automatically, you may need to add the renamed folder location to the DAW's scan list and remember to delete the vst3 files that you copied over to the new "VST 3" directory (otherwise you may get file duplication errors).

I hope that I have explained this so that others who need to get use of their vst3 files can actually use vst3shell. If you have problems or need further assistance, give me a shout here (or PM me if this forum software allows it).

John 3
By mosspa Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:15 pm
Help from some Mod needed!!! Sorry to post this here, but it isn't clear how I directly PM a Moderator. How do I change the item responses when I try to edit the global settings for my account? Currently, when I click on the radio buttons, nothing happens.

Thanks in advance,

John 3
By BostonGreen Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:12 am
mosspa wrote:Help from some Mod needed!!! Sorry to post this here, but it isn't clear how I directly PM a Moderator. How do I change the item responses when I try to edit the global settings for my account? Currently, when I click on the radio buttons, nothing happens.

Thanks in advance,

John 3

Click on users name, scroll down, click on envelope.
By nova81 Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:59 pm
Hi all!

I want to pick up on this question. I recently moved on to a Mac studio M1. Using cubase 12. In native mode cubase only supports VST 3. Is there any way to use MPC 2.0 and VIP software on a M1 Mac in native mode? So not using rosetta. Someone who knows a sollution, like a wrapper and how to use it? Help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
By 83dude Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:15 pm
liothomas wrote:bump! my Cubase 13 don't see the MPC software plugin. In the VST manager it's inexistent. I am on M1 mac.

Did you try booting Cubase in Rosetta?