MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By enzyme Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:20 am
My aging Mac is stuck on High Sierra and I can't run the latest MPC software on it. Akai sent me the installer for 2.9.1 which looks as if it will run.

Question is, are there any compatibility issues if I use my MPC with it? (My MPC is on latest firmware 2.10.1)

Currently have MPC Beats 2.8.3 installed just to make keygroup instruments from VSTs, is it worth installing the full version of 2.9.1?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:29 am
2.10 has introduced some backward compatibility issues with sequences, YMMV but you will probably find 2.10 projects do not load very well in 2.9, but if you are just using 2.9 to create keygroups you'll be okay, they will load up fine in 2.10.

But if you are looking to work back and forth between controller mode and standalone mode for actual project work, I would advise you stick to the same version in both environments.

TBH perhaps look at upgrading your Mac hardware, 2012 macs (e.g. mac mini, macbook pro) are very cheap on ebay, can be easily upgraded (ssd, dual drive, 16GB ram) and tend to be fine with Mojave which is still supported for 2.10.
By enzyme Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:54 am
Great, thanks for the info! I'll stick with Beats for now, I'm planning on upgrading my Mac at some point, just don't know when yet, but for now I'm enjoying using the MPC as standalone.