MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By FolloApollo Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:33 pm
Hi,

Today I bought a pair of KRK Rokit 5 G4 monitors, connected them through Scarlett solo audio interface to my mac. However, after setting everything up I noticed that when I try to play any of my projects on MPC beats it lags about every 20 seconds and mutes everything for about 0,5 - 1 sec.

I also noticed that the same thing happens when the MPC beats is opened in the background and i try to play some music from youtube, and closing MPC beats solves the problem. So there must be something with the MPC beats settings or something. Maybe some of you know what is happening and how to solve this frustrating issue. :WTF:

Thanks in advance! :worthy:
By FolloApollo Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:07 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:It can't be the monitors, these are just connected using audio cables. Sounds like an issue with your audio interface. I assume changing to the internal sound device fixes this? What about the Scarlett without the KRK and headphones instead?

But the interface works just fine when the MPC is closed. Do you guys think it could be the CPU overload. I'm using MacBook Air 1,8GHz 2 core i5? But the lags are happening even when the CPU grows to 30% in the MPC beats, and when listening to music from youtube when MPC beats is running in background and with no action.
By 83dude Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:27 am
Could well be a phase or power problem, although it would be a really weird one since I only once heard of a similar problem. Try using different power outlets for your speakers, might be a grounding issue.
By FolloApollo Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:53 pm
FolloApollo wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Could you respond to my questions in the previous post?

Yeah, so it looks like it works just fine with other internal sound device, headphones etc. :hmmm:

PLUS, what I just found out is as following:

Built-in output on mac = works just fine, headphones directly to mac = fine, monitors through Focusrite audio interface = lags, headphones + monitors through audio interface = lags, and only headphones without monitors through audio interface = lags

So I'm almost sure ther is something wrong with the audio interface, what can it be and how to fix it??

PS.
I tried to update the drivers, didn't help.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:33 pm
Yes, sounds like some compatibility issue with your interface and MPC Beats. The Scarlett is a popular interface, I'm not aware of any issues with MPC Beats, so it's likely something unique to your set up. Try changing USB cable. Uninstall the drivers, reboot, re-install. Do the same with MPC Beats. Make sure MPC Beats is the latest version.

What MacOS version are you running?
By FolloApollo Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:46 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes, sounds like some compatibility issue with your interface and MPC Beats. The Scarlett is a popular interface, I'm not aware of any issues with MPC Beats, so it's likely something unique to your set up. Try changing USB cable. Uninstall the drivers, reboot, re-install. Do the same with MPC Beats. Make sure MPC Beats is the latest version.

MacOS Big Sur 11.6
By FolloApollo Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:20 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes, sounds like some compatibility issue with your interface and MPC Beats. The Scarlett is a popular interface, I'm not aware of any issues with MPC Beats, so it's likely something unique to your set up. Try changing USB cable. Uninstall the drivers, reboot, re-install. Do the same with MPC Beats. Make sure MPC Beats is the latest version.

One more thing, I get this error message when I try to switch to Scarlett Solo USB output or every time I try to change the sample rate "Audio device not working. No audio will be processed". Hmmm...
By Mike Boogie Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:15 pm
This really sounds like a latency issue or a buffering issue. I'm on Windows, so I'm gonna stay out of this but check the Preferences in MPC. Something isn't set correctly.