MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By jbrown3318 Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:13 pm
Greetings,

I am a potential newcomer to the MPC ecosystem. Currently on Maschine MK1 and Maschine Software.

I love the Maschine Expansions, and ecosystem, but hate the fact that MPC users can use Maschine Expansions, but Akai does not make MPC Expansions usable anywhere else.

From the MPC Expansion demos I hear, I would love to get a go at some of the kits, but I will have to obviously buy the MPC Software 2.10. But I really don't want to buy another controller (like the MPC Studio 2) or beat machine at the moment, as I am having reluctance to do so while reading current posts.

Without rambling further, I am trying to find the cheapest route to just be able to use MPC Expansions. Any suggestions?

If there was such a converter out there to let me convert MPC Expansions to Maschine, or wav (or some other) format, then that would do it. But none currently exist. Kit maker can go from Maschine to MPC conversion, but not the other way around. So I am forced to buy some form of hardware to use MPC Expansions. Thanks in advance for your help.
By jbrown3318 Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:34 pm
Ahh! So I haven't looked at the format of the MPC Expansion files. If I could actually get to the wav files, like you say, then this would be the way to go! I do understand that I would lose some of the processing (e.g. reverb, delay, etc) as the kit one shots would be dry, I assume. But this is better than nothing.

Thanks for the info. I probably will buy one expansion and see what I can salvage. I'm sure this might pull me in eventually to getting into the MPC Software though. LOL. Thank again.