MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By softpunch Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:34 pm
Hi!

In MPC Beats, you can export to MPC1000-compatible PGM. However, if you try to export a Keygroup to PGM, nothing happens. Like, literally nothing, not even an error message.

I realize the stock MPC1k OS does not support Keygroups, and an official Akai app isn't going to output JJOS Insts. However, is there a way to convert a Keygroup into an identical drum program? And export that as a PGM?
By MPC-Tutor Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:05 pm
Chickensys translator, perhaps, but I found it unstable and buggy and got rid of it, but I believe there was a convertor in there that attempts to convert keygroups to drum format. Maybe they have a trial, if not, ask the developer directly .

If all your keygroups use the same note stride, note range and basic name structure (e.g. inst1, inst2 etc) you could just make a template 'drum' program with pad tunings which you open in a text editor and 'find and replace' the different file names for all the other instruments (or write a script to do it for you). It's still time consuming of course (unless you can write a batch script).

Remember that the MPC1000 export doesn't convert 24 bit to 16. It also doesn't rename samples to the preferred 16 characters.

TBH as the 1000 doesn't have the same FX, filters, LFO, envelopes and memory size, there's a limit to what you can successfully convert IMO.