MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By mikejcurtis Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:30 pm
I've posted two issues I'm having with Beats. I'm getting lots of views, but no replies. Is there another way to ask for help on issues with Beats?

The issues are:
When I manually enter a sound in the first cell of the grid, that note does not play until the loop brings it up again.

And the other issue:
If I want to record a couple measures using Beats as a plug in to my DAW (WaveForm), nothing gets recorded in the grid. The "Play" control is grayed out. If I use Beats stand alone, it records as expected.
What could be wrong?
By NearTao Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:25 am
You're probably getting views because people are curious what the solution may be, but don't have any answers for you.

I don't use MPC Beats so cannot really help here either... but I will note that this forum is not affiliated with Akai, so you might get some response, but it takes some time to be patient and wait until someone here has some free time to recreate what you did.

My better suggestion for you though would be to either take screenshots or videos. It might be easier for us to see what you're doing and ask you questions for how you think it should work or point out obvious errors... otherwise we're trying to guess at what you've done.

Good luck!
By DokBrown Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:43 pm
The core of the MPC series has always been the hardware.
The software is an afterthought here but be patient, help is on the way.
By mikejcurtis Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:17 am
Thank you for the replies! I had been using MPC Essentials for a good while, but now I've upgraded to the current version of Beats. I usually use it as a plug in for Waveform by Tracktion, (current version). What I really wish would start working for me is the ability to hit record on the DAW and use my MPC Element to create drum loops in real time. When I use it as a plug in, I click the Record control in Beats, the Play control is grayed out. Then I hit record in my DAW and the Beats Record light goes steady, but what I then play, is not visibly recorded in the grid and does not play back, though it IS recorded as an audio track in the DAW where I have assigned the MPC audio output. I have a screen shot, but I don't see how to present it.