MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By JD13 Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:18 am
I may well be missing an obvious function. But I'm struggling with the automation in MPC Beats. For instance, in GarageBand, if I have a synth part that I want without FX for 'x' bars, but then I want a filter plug-in to influence from bar 'y', in the dropdown for that track I can simply set the plug-in to ON, and automate it's response from there on. I can't seem to find anyway of doing the equivalent in Beats.

Indeed, the only way I can find to enact the automation at all is 'write' over a part and adjust whichever parameter, say I want to modulate wave shape, and then turn 'write' off and manually adjust the line/graph that appears as a result to suit my needs. If you are using Hybrid in GarageBand you have a drop-down of every single function that can be automated, you simply adjust your curves or steps, whatever in the track. I know there must be a MPC Beats equivalent, but I'm overlooking it somehow. Many thanks.