MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By matey Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:44 am
Hello boys and girls

I have an issue with the MPC software which driving me crazy. here is the specs of my PC
CPU: AMD Thread Ripper 3970x
Ram: 128 GB DDR 4
Motherboard: Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus xTreme
Akai product currently in use: MPC X, MPC Live II Akai Force, AKAI APC40 Mk II
Storage: 7 x 2TB NVME not in kind of raid configuration
Audio interface: RME UFX Plus
Mixer: Allen & Heath SQ6
DAWs in use: Ableton 11, Cubase 11, Studio One 5.4

This is the main setup apart from my synths which are not connected to my rig with USB. After Akai released MPC 2.10 I installed it and tried to run in standalone mode "not as a VST plugin" but did not launched. I opened the task manager the application was present in task manager but it failed to launch I tried to use the END TASK option the windows was not able to terminate the process but its status changed to SUSSPENDED. Next I tried to load it as an VST plugin inside 3 different DAWs in which caused the DAW to crash when it scans for VST plugins in the starting splash screen. I got in touch with Akai UKs customer support for assistance which take them over 2 weeks to reply to my email "VERY DISAPPOINTING", They suggested to install the previous version MPC-v2.9.1 to see if it'll be launch and provided a link to the said version foe me to download. I installed MPC-v2.9.1 and its launched with no issue what so ever as standalone or as a VST plugin

I reported Back my finding to them on 23/8/2021 and still have not heard anything from them which is really absurd the way they treat their customer

I've been digging everywhere to fid a solution for my problem which is maddening. It would be immensely appreciated if someone can shed light on this dark MPC path of mine

Best regard

Matey
By Eldoom Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:43 pm
HI Matey,

Did you manage to find the problem? I have the same issue and AKAI did not answer to any of my support request. I am running on a setup similar to you with and AMD Thread Ripper 3970x, etc...

Thank you!

DOM