MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Antonya Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:36 am
I was recently prompted to upgrade my version of MPC Beats to 2.8.3 which I did. However, when I opened MPC Beats 2.8.3, all of my projects were still there but the notes I had recorded and/or beats made in the sampler were all gone. Each project folder shows what expansion kits and plugins I used for each project but the project file (.xpj) have defaulted to 2 bars, one midi and one audio track. All my music and beats are gone.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Is there a way I can go back to a previous version of MPC Beats and hopefully 'find' my projects once again.

Regards.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:54 am
Are you sure you 'upgraded' to 2.8.3? The current version of MPC Beats is 2.10.0, it sounds like you have accidentally downgraded. 2.10.0 sequences are not backwards compatible and you will see exactly the issues you are experiencing. There's a 'check for updates' link in the MPC Beats menu, this should give you 2.10.
By 83dude Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:00 am
Even if, your MPC project folder should still contain the sequence and program files. It would be rather tedious work, but you could reload them and save the project anew.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:24 am
One problem is I believe the 2.10 sequence files themselves (SQX) are not backward compatible, it's not just the XPJ, so I don't think you can salvage things by reloading individual sequences. I think the solution is to make sure he is back to running 2.10, and everything should be fine.

One way to check what version your project files were last saved under is to open the XPJ in a text editor, there's an 'Application_Version' tag near the top of the file.