MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By x2cups Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:32 pm
trying to play bass in a keygroup, When i press any note Pad it activates every octave of that note, for example, c5 will play c3 c4 c6, c7 c8 all at once. Pad perform is set to chromatic.
I have checked the mk3 mini software , it doesnt do it in other DAWs

And i have set my key velocity and aftertouch in Mk3 mini software but have to press keys really hard in MPC beats. ive done the full level settings on the mk3 too.

Any help would be appreciated <3
By MPC-Tutor Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:45 pm
Is it actually playing those additional notes? Because in pad perform mode the pad colours for all related octaves do light up (in a blue-green), but it is still only actually playing the one note you physically triggered. I don't know if it's the same on the MPK pads themselves, but certainly the case in the software pads and MPC pads.
By x2cups Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:18 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Is it actually playing those additional notes? Because in pad perform mode the pad colours for all related octaves do light up (in a blue-green), but it is still only actually playing the one note you physically triggered. I don't know if it's the same on the MPK pads themselves, but certainly the case in the software pads and MPC pads.

Thank you ! i was playing C4, C5, C6 etc i come from FL studio. and when i play c3 (root note duhh) it sounds fine, just everything lighting up green put me off but i can see they are slightly different shade of green, my bad !!
By x2cups Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:15 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Is it actually playing those additional notes? Because in pad perform mode the pad colours for all related octaves do light up (in a blue-green), but it is still only actually playing the one note you physically triggered. I don't know if it's the same on the MPK pads themselves, but certainly the case in the software pads and MPC pads.

Any advice on the key sensitivity with a plugin like Minigrand? on MPC beats :worthy: