MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By jbrown3318 Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:38 pm
Greetings,

I am a new MPC user. When trying to add my VST folders to MPC Software 2, there are only four path slots. I have many more folders. How can I get these into the MPC Software 2 as well?

Thanks,
JB
By jbrown3318 Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:20 am
Really? No one? Is this the main forum for MPC? It seems like there is not alot of synergy here. Maybe it's because I am new with few posts that turns folks off for replying. But I guess I am spoiled dealing with the NI Maschine forum for years now.

As far as my question that I originally posted, I found a solution. I am sure you guys already knew this, but I ended up using junction links in Windows 10. If anyone needs help setting these up, let me know.
By NearTao Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:57 pm
1) This forum is not affiliated with Akai at all, so there are no Akai people (that we know of) that are regulars to this forum.

1a) As a result, this is not a support forum for Akai, but more of a hobbies forum for people who talk about what they are interested in.

1b) As a hobby, most people will reach out to help in their spare time. I get it, the internet, and wanting satisfaction as soon as possible, but many many threads here are discussed over days, weeks, or years, not seconds, minutes, or even hours.

2) My suspicion is that most people use Standalone mode and ignore/avoid the software. There is nothing inherently wrong with the software, but the evidence appears to be that an overwhelming number of people work in Standalone mode and not Controller mode, so are unlikely to have sufficient information to do anything other than speculate on how to help you.

3) You kind of provided your own answer, if it only has four directory slots, then it only supports four.

4) You did not provide any information in your initial post about what version of MPC Software you were using other than 2. Which version of 2? You also didn't provide which operating system you were using in your initial post, so anybody reading this would not know how to give you an answer if you were using Windows, Mac, or Linux (through something like Wine)... there are important differences.

5) Just a thanks, a lot of people drop a topic in, grumble that they got no response, and maybe post that they got the solution without saying what it was before disappearing forever. Again, thanks for taking the time to post enough information for the solution that somebody else who might stumble on this thread may be set in the right direction.

Anyways, welcome to the forums, hopefully you'll stay around a while!
By BostonGreen Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:22 pm
Maybe be a bit more organized when installing vst's. Most installs (not all) will default to Steinberg vst folder, even if you have no Steinberg stuff installed. There's also nothing to stop you reorganizing your folders and moving the vst's from your multitude of folders into a single one.