MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Charlievvd Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:23 pm
I purchased mpc studio2 today and installed the Mpc2 Software provided with the purchase with excitement. But the problem is that I am an iMac 2011 user and support up to 10.13 MPC Software can be run from 10.14 or later. How can I do it??
By MPC-Tutor Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:10 pm
You cannot I'm afraid, and I don't think you can run the MPC Studio 2 with the older MPC 2.9 (which I think did work with Macos 10.13)

Options:

1. Buy different mac hardware that can run at least Mojave, but TBH you'd be wise to aim higher than this.
2. Run a virtual windows 10 on your Mac (parallels, bootcamp etc)

We're seeing a lot of people having the same problem as you. Currently I cannot find anywhere on the akai site that states minimum requirements for the MPC Software, the manual just tells you to check the Akai web site (!).
By Alessandro S Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:09 pm
Hi Guys, I recently got a Mpc live 2, I followed the instructions, menu in the upper right corner of the chip, I click on controller mode, the Rosa Looking For Computer screen comes up, I open the software and I see the sound card and even a small test song, but the Looking For screen remains on the machine... and I can't work with the machine. I have an updated Windows 10 operating system and installed the new firmware on akai.