MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By RYANNBAKER Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:42 pm
Hey everyone new to the forum. Not sure if this is covered so i apologize if so. Anyways I am currently using the MPC 2 software with an akai mpk mini mk3 and and akai mpd 218. So far in the mpc software I am able to use them both at the same time but they are both controlling the same program on the same track. ( so in reality i am only getting an extra 8 pads because the first 4 on the mpk mini and mpd are assigned to the same pads in the software, What I am wondering if i can do is have my mini control the first 16 pads in a program which would be the a slot. then use the mpd for the b slot in the same program. And also wondering if it is possible to control different tracks with them at the same time. i have tried selecting each of them as different inputs on the tracks but they both keep going to the same track. I am guessing this is an issue with a master track control issue in preferences? not really sure. any help would be appreciated thank you very much!! NEVER STOP CREATING!!!
By SakisX Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:00 pm
RYANNBAKER wrote:Does this apply to the software as well? I just can't get them to do 2 separate things.

Only way is to use one controller as a generic midi controller (using midi learn for specific controls)