MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By MPKGuitarPlayer Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:44 pm
I'm a guitar player who picked up an MPK mini mk3 to make some beats to practice guitar to (so glad I did this, this thing is so cool). I also own a Headrush MX5 modeler. Trying to get this integrated into MPC Beats. Please help.

1. I want to be able to use my guitar/MX5 in MCP Beats as a live instrument. I can get everything setup where MPC Beats sees my MX5 in 'Preferences' -> 'Audio Device' as Headrush MX5 ASIO and I can even hear the test tone out of MPC Beat/my PC through to my MX5 then into my headphones plugged in the MX5. But, I cannot figure out how to make my guitar a live instrument so I can practice/record with it in/through MPC Beats. How do I do/fix this?

2. When I was able to see the MX5 in MPC Beats I no longer had any sounds from my MPK mini. The pads would light up in MPC Beats on the Q-Link pads toolbar, but no audio. I had the MPK mini, in 'Preferences' -> 'MIDI/Sync' settings, with 'sync' and 'master' selected. Can I run/use the MX5 and MPK mini at the same time? If so, how do I do this?

3. The MX5 has a reamp feature where I guess I can send a tone, triggered by my MPK mini mk3 in MPC Beats, out from MPC Beat/my PC out to the MX5's reamp feature which makes that tone into whatever rig sound I had assigned on my MX5, then back to MPC Beats/my PC. How do I make this work? Maybe if #1 and #2 are solved that will solve this problem. Any help/tips here would be appreciated.

4. Lastly, when the MX5 is showing up in 'Preferences' -> 'Audio Device' as Headrush MX5 ASIO, in that screen it's automatically making the MX5 the output device and seems like it will only deselect 1 of the 2 MX5 output channels. I cant seem to figure out how to change the output from the MX5 to my PC's headphone jack. How do I fix this?

A huge thank you to any/all help with these matters.