MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By kday Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:24 am
The MPC software have a problem not reading VST instruments. I have some great VSTi programs I can't even use because this MPC software has bad coding building the program that won't allow it to read many basic VST instruments.

My Cakewalk program reads all VSTs on the same hard drive, this is how crappy I know the coding is on the MPC software, which is sorta embarrassing when you buy some software but your MPC won't read it after you've bought it.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:01 am
Can you be less vague and list some specific VST plugins that are not working for you? And also explain what you mean by 'not working'? Have you configured the VST paths in Preferences (make sure the 'checkboxes' are activated). Have you scanned the folders - if so, are they appearing in the scanned list and are there any errors showing? What about under Tools > Plugin Manager?

Or by not working do you mean they are listed as an option but won't load when you try to launch them? If so, what error message are you seeing?

Please try to give more upfront details when asking for support with a problem, it makes it easier for us to quickly narrow down what the problem might be, without having to try to ask every question for every possible permutation under the sun.

Remember the MPC Software doesn't currently support VST3 plugins, only vst1 and vst2, although a vst wrapper can sometimes work.
By kday Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:54 am
MPC-Tutor ,

What I mean is the MPC won't read many VSTs plugins that I have. It doesn't scan them in as VSTs it totally ignore them the VSTs in the scans. And yes I list the VST paths for those VSTs in preferences.

I checked Plugin Manager and they are not even listed as bad VSTs. They are totally ignored.

I goes like this, I load an EXE VSTi , I find where their VSTs are stored, I assign VST folder for scanning. And most work, and a few doesn't work. The simple basic loading of a VST program.

The MPC software doesn't support VST3 ? Well it supported many of the vst3 already loaded. But maybe that's the problem, it doesn't support all vst3s, but only a few that gets through. But that is a shame if this software doesn't support VST3s as much of today's software are VST3s now. I hope they update this soon.

The one VST3 program that won't register is by Sauceware Audio called Scorch
By MPC-Tutor Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:30 pm
MPC Software definitely doesn't support VST3 there's no way you can have vst3 working (unless via a wrapper, but YMMV), so do make sure you've installed the actual VST (or VST2) version. I see their install video only refers to vst3, this one will definitely not work with the MPC Software, but the product specs do list 'vst' support, so I assume it's in the installer.

The installer should probably give you the option of specifically selecting the VST for installation. Either way, after installation check the path to your standard VST folder (i.e. the one set in MPC Preferences) and physically look to see if the scorch VST file is there. If it isn't then the MPC is not going to see it.
By kday Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:00 pm
Wow!

I didn't know that Akai was that far behind in the plugin technology game. They should've noted somewhere that their software can't use newer VST3 plugin instruments and FXs.

I guess they should update to VST3 plugins in the next OS I hope, because many new VST programs don't contain the old VST2 versions. The Scorch program doesn't have an option to load a VST2 format. So I have to wait until Akai finally decides they should update to VST3 plugin format.

It should be by the release of the Key61 at end of the month or first week in April when the manuals go online in copyright offices in 3-22-2022
By MPC-Tutor Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:41 pm
kday wrote: The Scorch program doesn't have an option to load a VST2 format. So I have to wait until Akai finally decides they should update to VST3 plugin format.

Their site claims it comes with VST and VST3:

Scorch comes in 32 and 64 bit VST, VST3 and AU format.

https://saucewareaudio.com/products/scorch

So the VST should work fine.
By kday Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:30 pm
Well, the Scorch program only supports VST3 exe. It doesn't support or have a VST2 option. Nor is there a way to load a vst2 file in the exe file.

So I guess I may have to wait on Akai for an update to VST3 support.
By kday Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:17 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Their product page says otherwise, I'd contact the developers of Scorch to see how to get the VST working, they are clearly advertising it as being an option.

Actually they don't advertise a VST2 format on the website, and they don't have a VST2 version but only make the VST3 format they said. So I would just have to wait for Akai to update to VST3 maybe in an upcoming OS update.
By SakisX Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:31 am
kday wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Their product page says otherwise, I'd contact the developers of Scorch to see how to get the VST working, they are clearly advertising it as being an option.

Actually they don't advertise a VST2 format on the website, and they don't have a VST2 version but only make the VST3 format they said. So I would just have to wait for Akai to update to VST3 maybe in an upcoming OS update.

try this as a workaround
https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=212294
By SakisX Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:18 pm
kday wrote:
SakisX wrote:
try this as a workaround
https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=212294

I looked at that, but I couldn't figure out how that worked because there were no instructions.

place the VST wrapper (the extracted files for the zip) on a folder ,inside your VST folder and it will automatically add to your DAW your VST3 plugins as VST2
There some issues like the classic GUI scaling problem , but it (mostly) works
By kday Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:16 am
SakisX wrote:place the VST wrapper (the extracted files for the zip) on a folder ,inside your VST folder and it will automatically add to your DAW your VST3 plugins as VST2

Place the extracted wrapper zip files into another folder, than place that folder into the VST2 folder?
By SakisX Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:05 am
kday wrote:
SakisX wrote:place the VST wrapper (the extracted files for the zip) on a folder ,inside your VST folder and it will automatically add to your DAW your VST3 plugins as VST2

Place the extracted wrapper zip files into another folder, than place that folder into the VST2 folder?

Just extract your zip files anywhere inside your VST2 folder
By budayeen Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:20 am
SakisX wrote:
place the VST wrapper (the extracted files for the zip) on a folder ,inside your VST folder and it will automatically add to your DAW your VST3 plugins as VST2

Tried this with MPC Beats 2.10 and the VST3Shell plugins either fail to load or time out.