MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By ughhkd Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:26 pm
Hi guys,

I had the chance to use an M1 Mac for a while, so i deactivated one of the iLok licenses to test it on the M1 Mac, but forgot De-Activate it before returning it.

So since 24th of February I've been trying to contact the customer support via 6th emails to different accounts with no luck ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
& at the akaipro.com site).

The only reply i got is through an Instagram dm, but the only thing they told me is that i should contact them via email to [email protected].
After replying that I already sent multiple emails to this account, they wont reply anymore.

Please let me know what I have to do to get the iLok License deactivated.
Thanks,
ughh
By MPC-Tutor Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:46 am
Unfortunately I believe only Akai can fix this. I had always assumed you could just log into your iLok account and remotely manage the licenses on any of your computers, but I recently tried this and got an error saying I have to log in on that specific computer to deactivate a license, or contact the vendor.

This is of course ridiculous, especially for people whose hard drive crashed or computer stolen etc and cannot access that computer anymore. I would have thought the main purpose of iLok is to allow you to manage everything from your iLok account!

Unfortunately Akai do seem to have real problems responding to emails these days. Ring them, seems to be the only way to get through.