MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By IRO21 Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:56 pm
I have recently purchased an MPC One and have a problem with The 809 expansion. I installed the expansion following the instructions, open the MPC software, select the expansion but when I choose a sound it doesn't work. Nothing can be heard. The program seems to load but when I hit the pads nothing is heard. The other expansions work, it's just a problem with The 809. Can anyone help me solve this?
By IRO21 Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:15 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I believe this is a common problem. What computer OS are you running?

:WTF:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using Windows 11 Home.
By IRO21 Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:24 pm
I think I have solved it. I had installed the latest version of the MPC software and tried to install an old version of the mpc software (2.8.) and now it seems to work.

I will try to update the version and see if the problem persists.

But now I have another question. I have a problem with the expasion manager, more specifically with the "Export Expansion to Standalone MPC" section. I also had this with version 2.10 of the software. When I try to export the expansions, they do not appear in the export window and therefore cannot be selected for export.

I attach an image...

How can I solve it?
By IRO21 Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:58 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:I believe this is a common problem. What computer OS are you running?

I tried reinstalling the mpc 2.10 software and again it does not work. :?
As this is a common problem how did you solve it? What do you suggest? Stay with version 2.8 of the software or resample the 809 samples? :hmmm:
By Lampdog Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:20 pm
Imo stay on latest 2.10.x and use DRUMSYNTH (already a plugin in standalone].
By Todd Muirhead Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:17 pm
Just fixed mine the other day. I started from scratch and re-downloaded 809, then before I even initiated install, I made sure ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE was running on my computer. It finished, I started the MPC software (2)....and there it was....working.
By Linen Associate Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:14 am
If everything is setup and installed properly then you'll need to go to the Pad Perform TYPE options in the MPC Beats software. It will say Notes (or Chromatic, etc.) and you want to select the top most option (If I recall correctly) and turn it to OFF. This will make your pads light up green, hitting the pads should now produce the sound labeled, and you can use the Pad Bank buttons to cycle through the different presets.
By PhatBob Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:47 am
I’m facing another type of problem. I’m running 2.11 on intel MPB (the very last model) runnig catalina. The 809 works perfectly when using factory presets. But remaping samples or assigning new ones by drag and drop (the only way) does not work.
Anyone facing the same issue? Or get it work?
By Trensharo Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:25 am
Lampdog wrote:Imo stay on latest 2.10.x and use DRUMSYNTH (already a plugin in standalone].

DrumSynth is not the same thing as The 809. The former synthesizes drum sounds, while the latter plays samples.

The 809 is comparable to AIR Boom, except it was developed for Akai by SONiVOX (it seems, at least).

I don't think there is any point in having any of those expansion instruments installed, as they been [for the most part] superceded by bundled content that serves the same purpose. The Vault, Electric, Hype, Mellotron, Essential Instruments 2, F9 Instruments, etc.

Unless you need them to open old MPC Studio projects, I would delete them as they are just a waste of 5GB Storage on your computer.
By Mikinho Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:28 am
Hi there,

I have the same problem with all former „expansions“ of Akai‘s software packages:
The 809
The Bank
Hybrid 3 (not the au/vst plugin, but the „expansion“ version)

I‘m using a Silicon Mac on Monterey, and almost everything runs smoothly so far.
It‘s just I can‘t load older productions that are using the described expansions.
They‘re just not loading at all - the preset indication remains empty.

Especially with Hybrid 3, it‘s anoying, actually the au plugin is running properly, but it‘s certainly not loaded, because the expansion plugin should be loaded instead.

I‘ve tried to re-install, and all Expansions are showing up in the expansion browser, can be selected as „plugin‘s“, but finally not be loaded.

Does someone has any further suggestions on this?

Thanks in advance!
By Telefunky Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:06 pm
Do you have Rosetta installed ? (the package that transcodes Intel to ARM).
It‘s not part of the delivery state setup (at least it wasn’t on my Mini M1).
You may need to activate it’s checkbox in program info.
By Mikinho Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:05 am
Telefunky wrote:Do you have Rosetta installed ? (the package that transcodes Intel to ARM).
It‘s not part of the delivery state setup (at least it wasn’t on my Mini M1).

Yes, Rosetta is installed and running fine.

I deinstalled and reinstalled all the expansion plugins, also The Wub and The Bank, (according to the description above)
After reinstalling, they appear on the right side, with the info that the plugin has to be selected to use it, but when selecting it, there‘s no access to it and the preset remains still empty.

Anyway, The checkbox is a great tip, I‘ll check it later

best

Mike
By Mikinho Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:12 am
Telefunky wrote:Do you have Rosetta installed ? …

OK, that’s it!
It’s up and running now - thank you very much for the help :worthy: