MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By PPlastic Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:11 pm
I posted this over on the MPC One board but have had no reply, so I thought it might be best to try here. Sorry for cross posting.

With the MPC 2.0 software in Controller Mode none of my usb midi devices (Microfreak, Launch key, Wavestate) attached to my MPC one appear. I've tried switching to midi cables and still no luck.

I've tried one device connected to the USE port and through a USB hub and no difference.

I've tried looking everywhere online and checking manuals to find similar issues / check if what I am trying to do is possible but with no luck.

I'm on all the latest updates for both firmware and software and even tried installing the Akai midi driver.

Anyone know if USB midi or normal midi from an MPC ONE/Live etc should work with the software in controller mode?
By BostonGreen Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:19 pm
PPlastic wrote:I posted this over on the MPC One board but have had no reply, so I thought it might be best to try here. Sorry for cross posting.

With the MPC 2.0 software in Controller Mode none of my usb midi devices (Microfreak, Launch key, Wavestate) attached to my MPC one appear. I've tried switching to midi cables and still no luck.

I've tried one device connected to the USE port and through a USB hub and no difference.

I've tried looking everywhere online and checking manuals to find similar issues / check if what I am trying to do is possible but with no luck.

I'm on all the latest updates for both firmware and software and even tried installing the Akai midi driver.

Anyone know if USB midi or normal midi from an MPC ONE/Live etc should work with the software in controller mode?

In controller mode, your MPC audio interface and all connections are disable. You need to connect them to the pc