MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Forneus Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:04 pm
MPC and Akai put two folders in My Documents - MPC Beats and Akai Professional. I prefer all music related folders in My Music. The Plugins and Presets folders are empty now. Is it safe to move these two out of Documents?
By MPC-Tutor Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:28 pm
The 'MPC Beats' folder is the default saving location for projects, presets etc. When you save a preset or new project it will always initially offer to save it there. You can save projects anywhere you wish (just manually navigate to your preferred location on the save screen), but I think the 'user' folder for presets cannot be changed. The presets folder is only empty because you haven't saved any presets there yet. If you save presets to a different location I don't think they will display in your plugin.

While you might not like the MPC using 'My Documents' it is unfortunately the way it is hard coded for some things. MPC Beats does not have any option in preferences to override this. Annoying, but Akai don't seem to be in any rush to change this, it's the same in the (now 8 year old) MPC Software.
By Forneus Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:35 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:The 'MPC Beats' folder is the default saving location for projects, presets etc. When you save a preset or new project it will always initially offer to save it there. You can save projects anywhere you wish (just manually navigate to your preferred location on the save screen), but I think the 'user' folder for presets cannot be changed. The presets folder is only empty because you haven't saved any presets there yet. If you save presets to a different location I don't think they will display in your plugin.

While you might not like the MPC using 'My Documents' it is unfortunately the way it is hard coded for some things. MPC Beats does not have any option in preferences to override this. Annoying, but Akai don't seem to be in any rush to change this, it's the same in the (now 8 year old) MPC Software.

Yeah, I assumed that all future presets will be saved there so moving it will mess things up. Annoying indeed... Well, I guess all my future projects will be "documented".

Thank you for your reply.