MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By DrKJams Tue May 03, 2022 12:17 am
I was able to record audio ie vocals with mic and guitar, but the past week I am unable to record. I use Focusrite Scarlet Solo 3rd gen, connected to my MacBook Pro. I have mic connected through the interface. I can hear the mic through monitor or headphones, I see the signal on the interface, however, I don't see the signal on the MPC slide monitor in the inspector. I have all settings set as before, record button is armed, stereo input set to 1,2 and stereo output set to 1,2. But still no signal in the inspector and won't record. I've tried different input settings without success. Any ideas how to fix this? Oh yea, I also closed and restarted MPC as well as shut off computer and restarted, again, didn't work. I would appreciate any suggestions...
By MPC-Tutor Tue May 03, 2022 1:23 pm
And the Scarlett is still configured as the interface to handle incoming audio in Preferences > Audio Device > Input? If it is then I'm not sure what could be causing this, it might be a driver issue, an MPC bug, USB cable or perhaps a preferences issue. I don't have MPC Beats on my current computer, but I assume the preferences file is located here:

User folder > Library > Application Support > MPC Beats > mpc.settings

with MPC Beats closed, rename the mpc.setting file (e.g. mpc.settings copy) and fire up MPC Beats, it will create a completely new default set of preferences. Does the problem persist?

BTW to return to original settings, just close MPC Beats, and replace mpc.settings with the original copy.
By DrKJams Wed May 04, 2022 12:56 am
I have a MacBook Pro. Not sure how to bring up that file setting. I looked and couldn't find it.
And yes, My hardware preference is set to Scarlet Solo USB. Interesting to note, when I hit the Test button, I hear the sound from the monitors, but there is no input green signal when I tap the mic. Anything else to try? Anyone?
By DrKJams Wed May 04, 2022 6:06 am
HI also double checked the audio interface with Garage Band to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue. The audio/vocals worked just fine with Garage Band. Has to be something with MPC Beats, but how to fix it?
By 83dude Wed May 04, 2022 6:32 am
Did you arm the respective audio track? And are you sure? Happened to me after an update.

Have you tried entering SAMPLE REC mode and turning on „Monitoring“?
By DrKJams Wed May 04, 2022 1:35 pm
I did arm the audio track for sure. I will have to see about your other suggestion about Sample Record. Not sure what that is.. Thank you
By DrKJams Thu May 05, 2022 12:53 am
Wow! I fixed it.. I looked at the Help menu, clicked Setup Guide, then Accessibility Guide. Shows window telling you how to set accessibility on the Mac. I reconfigured my settings for MPC Beats, which was unchecked BTW, checked the box. Now vocal/audio working again. Weird... I don't know how I had accessibility checked correctly before and how it got unchecked but, whatever, it works now. Maybe a bit of information to share with someone else if it happens to them. Thanks for you all's input.